Chlamydia could be treated with antibiotics. It’s the most frequently reported STI in British Columbia.
You have chlamydia through vaginal, dental, and anal sexual contact. Including both penetrative intercourse and intimate tasks where there clearly was a trade of human body liquids. You’ll be able to get chlamydia by sharing adult toys. In the event that you don’t have symptoms if you have chlamydia, you can pass it to others even.
It is common to not notice any symptoms if you have chlamydia. They will most likely show up between 2 and 6 weeks after sexual contact if you do get symptoms. Your signs is determined by where in fact the disease is situated. Probably the most typical observable symptoms include:
- Penis/external genitals: you might notice irregular release and a silly, painful, or itchy feeling. You might like to have trouble or pain when urinating. You may experience pain there and sometimes a little swelling if you have testicles.
- Vagina/internal genitals: you may possibly notice unusual release and bleeding. Other signs could be reduced stomach pain and sometimes discomfort during sex.
- Rectum: You may notice unusual redtube release. You can even have discomfort in the region.
- Throat: it’s unusual to own signs right right right here however you might experience a throat that is sore.
- Eye: You may notice inflammation or discharge that is abnormal.
*Note: when you have had reduced surgery, your genital signs can vary greatly.
Tests and Diagnosis
You will find selections for the manner in which you test for chlamydia. A physician will suggest tests that are certain in the forms of sex that you’re having. Testing is generally completed with a urine sample or perhaps a swab for the neck, vagina or rectum.
It’s always best to get tested for chlamydia in the event that you:
- have actually signs
- have sexual partner whom has tested good for chlamydia
- are performing screening that is routine STIs
- are expecting
- will have an IUD placed, a medical abortion, or a gynecological procedure
Window Period (just how long to wait patiently before evaluation): Most test results are accurate 2 to 6 days once you are exposed to chlamydia. In British Columbia, most test results should always be prepared in 10 times.
Chlamydia is addressed with prescription antibiotics. You will need to just take your medicines as directed. The infection may not be cured if you miss any doses. See your medical care provider in such a circumstance or in the event that you continue to have signs once you complete your therapy.
It’s important to n’t have intercourse (despite having a condom) for 1 week following the beginning of one’s therapy. Should you have sexual intercourse, you might pass chlamydia to your sexual lovers or have it once again. Should this happen, confer with your healthcare provider.
The medicines utilized to deal with chlamydia are around for free in BC. Talk to your medical care provider to see in stock if they have them.
Your partners that are sexual the very last 8 weeks must be tested and addressed for chlamydia. When you haven’t had sex into the last 2 months, your final partner must be tested and addressed.
You will find a few methods to inform lovers. You can easily inform partners yourself or anonymously. Speak to your healthcare provider in what suits you.
In the event that you treat chlamydia early, you will find often hardly any other health issues. If kept untreated, it could result in complications that are serious:
- greater potential for getting and moving HIV
- pelvic inflammatory condition
- ectopic pregnancy
- chronic pain that is pelvic
- reactive joint disease
Pregnancy: you should be screened for chlamydia if you are pregnant. It is possible to pass chlamydia to your son or daughter during delivery.
It really is a good notion to be tested regularly for STIs, especially if you have actually brand brand new intimate lovers or available relationships. Speaking with lovers about safer intercourse makes certain everyone understands what to anticipate. Condoms are excellent when they be right for you – the most suitable utilization of condoms cuts back your likelihood of getting and moving chlamydia.
HealthLink BC – Information about chlamydia SmartSexResource – If you may be concerned or have actually anxiety about chlamydia Trans Care BC – Gender-affirming intimate and health information that is reproductive
Print and download these pages (below)